
Something I bought at a high price that I just had to have was the Deluxe Edition of Radiohead's Kid A album that was released in October 2000 for $45. This album came out ten years ago and I still paid over 3 times the normal c.d. price because I guess you could say that I am a fan? Maybe subconsciously I wanted to look like I really know my Radiohead and thus must have the album. To me, this c.d. means a lot of things both musically and personally. I've listened to my old copy of Kid A probably a hundred times on and off through many different times in my life and have thoroughly worn it out. It's special to me and almost sacred in nature. I get personally offended if people don't like it and feel that if they do like it, then we will probably be kindred spirits. The c.d. isn't just music either, it has a few videos from a few of Radiohead's live shows and also features interviews the band has given throughout the years. This album may only be 9.99 on iTunes, but to hold a copy on my hands and to know that I'm willing to invest in bands that I like is important to me, so that's why I paid so much for it.